18-20 October 2017
University of the Western Cape
Deadline for Abstracts:
Notification of Acceptance:
Early Bird Registration:
October and on site
|Registration Type||Full Registration||(South) African-based scholars – hardship countries on application basis||(South) African Student|
- All conference registration fees are strictly non-refundable.
- The above registration fees include the conference dinner.
- A copy of student ID card (expiry date after May 21, 2016) has to be provided to qualify for this student rate.
- The fee reserved for scholars based at (South) African universities is also available to presenters from low-income countries, on an application basis (see below)
The Language in the Media 7 (LiM7) conference organising committee is pleased to be able to offer reduced registration fees for a limited number of scholars from low-income countries attending and presenting at the conference.
LiM7 Hardship Registration is aimed primarily at scholars of economically disadvantaged countries on a case-by-case basis.
Please click here for the list of eligible countries.
Selection will be determined on the basis of financial need, merit of the abstract, and the applicant’s potential benefit from attending. Preference will be given to participants from economically disadvantaged countries who demonstrate creativity in meeting much of their conference costs from other sources.
Please submit the following documents (all in English) to Tommaso M. Milani, with the email subject header: “LiM7 Hardship Registration.”
- A one-page letter stating *in South African Rand (ZAR)* a detailed budget (e.g., airfare, ground transportation, local accommodation). Please also state any other financial assistance that you have been able to secure.
- A short statement from a head of department explaining why the applicant would benefit from attending the conference, and why the applicant’s institution and/or country of residence is not able to provide funding to attend the conference.
- A copy of the abstract (including title) accepted to be presented at LiM7.
Individuals who are not affiliated with an academic institution at the time of application may submit a short statement explaining their funding situation, and outlining how they would benefit from attending the conference.
Applications for Hardship Registration must be received by March 1, 2017.
The organising committee will decide on the applications and will notify successful applicants by March 30, 2017.
Xl Millennium Conference & Event Management
Logistics and Conference organisers
+27 21 590-7900
Karen van der Bergh